October's open garden is the beautiful garden of Karen Kees in Poway.
Who says we don't have fall foliage color in San Diego. Currently the garden has over 200 coleus on display. Koelruetaria bipinnata trees in the garden are dropping their golden rain of tiny flowers painting the walkways yellow--it's stunning.
Don't miss the wonderful display free to SDHS members.
- If parking near the house is full, there may a bit of a walk from your car to the house. More parking is available on the cross street below the cul d' sac. Or come later in the day when there are fewer people!
- Carpooling is recommended.
- Comfortable shoes for walking recommended.
- Handicapped access to the garden is limited.
- Please no children under 10 or 12.