Featured Gardens are back!
(A.K.A. Coffee in the Garden, Open Garden)
Join us for a free MEMBERS ONLY tour of San Diego Horticulture Society President's, Karen England, in Vista.
Join us for a private tour of Edgehill Herb Farm, "where the name is bigger than the farm", but no one seems to mind. Karen England and her late husband, David, purchased the agricultural zoned property in San Diego County in the fall of 2000 with the dream of starting their own home-based business featuring Karen’s herb-based soaps and lotions. Over the years a lot has changed but it is still primarily an edible landscape.
Your tour guide will be either SDHS President, Karen England or Prospective Volunteer Coordinator Board Member, Karon DeLeon. You need to pre-register for the hour you would like to visit. Garden tours are every hour starting at 10am, with last tour beginning at 3pm. The event is limited to 25 people per hour.
- By attending you agree to waive all claims against SDHS and any entities associated with the visiting Edgehill Herb Farm or related to participation and travel to and from the Garden.
- No pets of any kind, including pocket pets, no children or strollers. The property is not handicapped accessible.
- Plenty of street parking.
- Dress for dusty/muddy, hilly, rocky and uneven surfaces -- there's some paving in the yard, and it's important that people wear closed shoes, like hiking boots, that they would wear for a day hike with puddles.
- There is very little shade or shelter so wear a hat. Be prepared for roasting sunshine, or cold and wet, and bring a full water bottle. You may bring coffee if you remember to take your cup home with you!
- Toilets are limited to a single portable restroom.
- Please show up prepared, not wearing sandals.
- If you like Hachyia Persimmons, you may bring a shopping bag and pick as many as you would like while supplies on the tree last.
Select a time to attend below and complete the registration form to reserve your spot. Tours begin at the Pedestrian Gate promptly on the hour. You will receive the address to the garden in the confirmation email message.
10 AM Garden Tour
11:30 AM Garden Tour
1 PM Garden Tour
2:30 PM Garden Tour